Announcements

I've set up a multi-author social blog to be used by my part-time blogger friends who don't want one of their own. Send me a note if you'd like to be able to write on For Consideration

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Best Bleeping Screed Ever

Thanks to my friend, LadyA, who shared this screed by MinistryOfTruth on the Daily Kos.  You'll have to read it for yourself but I think you'll agree it is the best screed regarding what it is about the ever-moving-further-to-the-right Republican Party that worries and angers us in the middle and on the left so much.  The name of the article says quite a bit, "An Open Letter by the People Who Hate Obama More Than They Love America."  And here's a little taste:
You like war. You like torture. You like Jesus. I don't know how in the hell any of that is compatible, but no one ever accused you haters of being over-committed to ideological consistency. You like people who look like you or at least hate most of the things that you hate. You hate everything else.

No comments: